Are you having a hard time keeping track of tasks and feeling overwhelmed at work and/or school?
Try out the Getting Things Done - GTD Task Management System created by consultant David Allen who wrote the book (check it out below!)
Your brain is better at processing rather than storing information. The more you have in your head the harder it is to decide what is important. This can lead to feeling overwhelmed, uncertain, and stressed. Also, it can lead to not completing tasks
Here are the 5 simple steps to get things done:
- Capture Everything - Write down all tasks, ideas, thoughts, and anything that crosses your mind.
- Clarify - Let it marinade and process what you've captured. Spend time to refine each of these tasks and categorize projects, action items, and references.
- Organize - Get everything in place! Add due dates, prioritize, delegate, sort, and file tasks.
- Review - Look over, update, and revise lists frequently
- Engage - Get in and get to work on the things that matter!
Implement these steps and reduce stress and increase productivity today!
“Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity”